Wednesday, August 22, 2007

overdue post

I've been extremely unfaithful to have neglected this place for MONTHS! absolutely unforgivable I know, hence I shall not even attempt to come up with excuses. Here are pictures from the first few weeks of school (and mind you that was LONG LONG AGO) school's almost ending for me now.. Highlights are:

1. visit to Duke University, UNC's rival (esp in Sports). their buildings are Gothic designed and very beautiful. Campus is beautiful but the atmosphere is not friendly like Carolina (UNC). People there are the elites (scholars from Spore go there. like Astar, PSC etc) we had Karaoke and met up with the Sporean guys from Duke cos Shannon is friends with them. It was a wonderful night playing mahjong and singing karaoke
2. Hoedown organized by Campus Crusade. Its a southern tradition with Southern BBQ and dancing and everyone dresses country and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! there were lots of cute guys in hot farmers suit! ;)
3. Fall Fest. similar to what we call matric fair, but much more extravagant.
4. went home with my roommate, Diana to Greensboro, her hometown for the long weekend (cos of labor day). It was a beautiful weekend spent with the most loving family I ever met. I LOVE her family SO MUCH!!!
5. Krispy Kreme Factory Outlet, organised by InterVarsity. their original glazed doughnuts were HEAVENLY to say the least.
ok, thats all for now. Will try and update more again. this week is HELL for me (then again, which week isn't?) Stay tuned! :)
lunch at Bon's Restaurant (opened by daughter of the owner of Mama's Dip, of which pictures I'll post up in later entries. Mama Dip is a famous restaurant around in Chapel Hill for ages, and people troop over for good ol' Southern meal)
these are known as Hush puppies (fried corn bread) sinful but delicious! the ones at Mama Dip's were fresh!
some church near my dorm
me, my roommate's cousin, my roommate's older sister Jenny, and my roomie! (@ her auncle's place)
don't they look so loving and sweet? :)
she's really cute but mischievious
her older brother on the sofa (he loves her alot)
roomie and I! at her living room (she has two living rooms!)
their porch
huge family dinner gathering at my roomie's uncle's place
Jenny and I
living room #2. Their house is huge and gorgeous!
living room #2 from another perspective
open concept kitchen (so you can cook and watch TV at the same time)
their fridge is really cool
room #225 roommies! whee!
my roommate's house's neighbourhood
nice isn't it? it was morning and the neighbourhood was peaceful and quiet I love the lush greenery
their neighbour's house
Jenny (the second oldest), me, my roommate's oldest sister (Stephanie), and my roomie (Diana)! the four of us girls went shoppy shoppy!
more pictures of the neighbourhood

their house


living room #1
entrance
entrance
dining room
Staphnie drew that! Its a portrait of herself!
hershey's cookies and creme made by Diana's mum! delicious!
dinner on day 1. it was a lavish feast prepared by the family. delicious chinese food! (they are Chinese)
Jenny's room which I slept in during the long weekend stay. the bed was HUGE
her room was lovely. it even had a rocking chair
living room #1
mahjong at Duke
chilling around
Karaoke! a taste of home :)
lunch at some Vietnamese restaurant
with their family and their old friends
HUGE benches at Duke. UNC has them too!
mahjong kakis
Shannon and me!

William and me
me, Winnie (from HK) and Maryanne (from HK) we all went DUke visiting. that green patch of land behind us is the park. its HUGE!
me, Erene (Spore), Winnie
oily greasy stuff for dinner from DUke's cafe
the building in which we had our karaoke in
that is the Greek signs for the sororities and fraternities here
Duke's buildings are GORGEOUS and gothic
very impressive
limousine! someone was getting married at the Duke Chapel
the park I mentioned
me, Ting Xu (Spore, Fulltime student here), Zhi qi (Spore JDP), George (Spore JDP), Erene, Shannon (Spore, SEP from Australia), June (Spore JDP), Winnie, Maryanne





Shannon and I @ Krispy Kreme factory outlet
Jon and I. the hat is so cute!
Jon, Jeremy (Spore, fulltime student here), Shannon and Zhengqi (Spore, JDP)
some mischievious person went to paste hoola hoop sticker over all the yellow man signs
Krispy Kreme factory outlet! Krispy Kreme beats Dunkin Doughnuts hands down


Zhengqi and I bought SO MANY!!!
check out the football shaped doughnut!
pictures of a typical dorm



squirrels are EVERYWHERE!
MY DORM's COMMUNITY! I Stay in Alderman!
pink rose bush
the view outside my dorm

the first Carolina Fever event I went for. check out the Carolina Blue tracks!

Zhengqi, me, Ting Xu, Alexius, George, June, Zhiqi, Erene
sunrise outside my dorm (I had an 8am class)
i love my dorm. its strategic, convenient and beautiful :)
our carolina fever shirt. GO TAR HEELS!!
father and son running on the fields :)


Diana and I!
camwhoring?
our beeg mirror :)

night view along Franklin st
the court building, now the post office

our room!
my desk


farewell dinner for Erik @ Peppers Pizza!
chinese food @ 35 restaurant


my roomie and I's treasure box! everyone is envious of us :P
our fridge, freezer, microwave, rice cooker, boiler, water filter. what more can I ask for? :)
thats straw that we're chewing. good ol' southern farmers :)

Heidi, me, Tingxu, Erene, George, ZQ, JESSIE, Alexius
us *again* :P
the sushi at China Buffet Restaurant was really good!
BBQ!!! the authentic Southern BBQ

the cutest farmer I ever came across. He's a student in a farmer's outfit. everyone dressed up in southern style

Jessie is alot of fun! :)
we were dancing!! its like line dancing. so fun!



organized by Campus Crusade :)
Jessie's white dress is so pretty :)
the food was good!

the place was surrounded by trees. nice :)


me, John (Summer prog), George, James (Summer prog), jame's friend, forgot her name, Erene. we just had dinner at Lenoir Dining hall. I love JOhn! He's great and so much fun! :)
noodles cooked by Alexius!!
Jessie, me, and Heidi! I love them :)

Fall fest!

Elinor, me, Sara Wilkins, forgot her name, June
Shafiqah, Elinor, me, Sara, June, forgot her name, ZQ
June and I were wearing necklace that matched our tops
the cup I'm holding says Teaching Transforms Lives. haha


the Fall Fest is like our Matric Fair. so happening hor?

me, Liz, Erene, ZQ, Zhiqi, George, helping Liz move in on the first day into her dorm. gosh I was so tanned!
ahhhhh my favorite!!!!!!
salad galore!!

I was so health conscious back then. *sigh*




I don't know why I like to take pictures of food. after awhile they all look the same, taste the same..

No comments: